Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Final Thoughts

As the semester comes to a close, I cannot help but recognize how much I appreciated this class.  In a semester of hectic schedules and excessive amounts of work, Shakespeare gave me peace.  In his work, I could remember why I love the English language and literature.  During the times I was stressed by unit plans, and wishing teaching was not so difficult, I was reminded why I will teach.  Literature reflects our world, our lives, our hopes and dreams.  Shakespeare captures this perfectly.  This I will teach to my students; this class helped me keep my real goals in mind.  We began with a dream, and though we technically ended with an illusion, this semester ends in a dream for me as well.  With only one year left, I am faced with nearing the opportunity to achieve my dream of becoming a teacher.  I am also faced with the reality of leaving young adulthood behind.  These years have been wonderful and dreamlike, full of strange and amazing experiences.  I have one year left upon this particular stage, and I intend to make it epic.

1 comment: