Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Act 3, Scene 2


Facing the task of looking up videos from  A Midsummer Night's Dream, I came to realize this would be an impossible task unless I narrowed down the search.  This is easiest done by searching for a specific act or scene.  But which one to choose?  I reflected upon my history with this play and the choice was clear.  My freshman year, I had to perform a scene from this play (with a group) which we had translated into a different time period/setting.  We selected to perform Act 3, Scene 2 (where Lysander and Demetrius are both now in love with Helena) as a western.  I played Puck and Demetrius.  This project was a blast.  The arguments and physical comedy between Lysander and Demetrius are hilarious.  As a result, I went searching for a clip which reflected this comedic nature and met with success.  I present to you a clip of a stage performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Pay careful attention to the physical comedy enacted in this version (although it's rather hard to miss).  Hopefully it will bring you a few laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment